Sonntag, 12. April 2009

I MOVED TO BERLIN 6 MONTHS AGO, AND JUST NOW BECAME A TOURIST.

A friend visited the city, and he wanted to see those sites he's heard of- and cover as much territory as possible in the short week he had here. And, if you don't have endless months to just stumble upon those sites.... being a tourist is the only other option. Unfortunatly, with being a tourist, comes crowds, lines, and other annoying tourists.

I thought I'd make a postcard- me, traveling in the city- checking those sites that guide books classify as "must see" attractions, and spend a bit of time getting to know the history behind this once divided city. This adventure and interest began 6 months after my arrival. Six months after becoming part of the city. And I wonder if Id ever have done it if I hadnt got a visitor!

I came here and became one who is looked at by the tourists, not one of the tourists. I suppose I felt I didn't need such an introduction and determined attitude to get to know the city. Since moving here, day by day, I discover new parts of the city, uncover secrets I've never even dreamed of imagining, and piece together the history of Berlin- Its my own unconventional self-led tour of Berlin-


Keine Kommentare: